You can use a non-admin account for Office 365 backups. Such an account has access to its own mailbox only.
There are many recipient types in Exchange Online, for instance, User Mailbox, Shared Mailbox, Mail-enabled Public Folder, Room Mailbox, Equipment Mailbox, etc.
In UDP 7.0, we support User Mailbox, Shared Mailbox, Mail-enabled Public Folder. The Room Mailbox, Equipment Mailbox and other types are not supported.
For Backup account:
- Add impersonation permission for backup user to the Exchange Online backup account to connect the Exchange Online organisation, perform backups and restore.
Note: If you do not add the backup account to the Discovery Management role group and do not assign the Application Impersonation permission, backup fails.
- Associate the Backup user account with one exchange online mailbox.
- Default setting for exchange online backup is using 4 threads for each node. You can also modify the threads in configuration file of Engine\BIN\Office365\Arcserve.Office365.Exchange.config as follows:
- <!--#region for multi thread-->
<!--MultiThreadEnable default value:0. if enable, set 1.-->
<add key="MultiThreadEnable" value ="1"/>
<!--set how many thread will be used to backup mailbox. default value is 4-->
<add key="MaxDegreeOfParallelismForMailbox" value="4"/>
- We recommend to set the value from 1-5. The maximum possible value is 10. But, we do not recommend setting the value from 6-10.
For Backup proxy:
- Log in to the Console.
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework (version 4.0 or higher) on the proxy server that is a 64-bit computer.
Note: Do not install Microsoft .NET Framework if you are using a Windows 2012 or 2012 R2 computer as a proxy server.
- Install Arcserve UDP Agent on the proxy machine where you want to run backup/restore.